oga for Climbers will show you how to create a yoga practice at home that will keep you healthy, prevent injuries, and support and improve your outdoor passions. This guide features easy-to-understand yoga poses and sequences designed to address the specific stresses that climbing enact on the body.
This guide features:
* Detailed overviews of the areas of the body most impacted by climbing and hiking
* Injuries common to these sports that yoga can address
* Explanation of yoga's physical and mental benefits, and how it can enhance time on rock or trail
* Foundational techniques for creating a yoga practice, including the fundamentals of meditation
* Several sequences for a home practice, designed specifically for climbers and hikers
* Interviews with climbers and hikers who use yoga to support their physical strength and hone their mental focus - from professionals, such as Steph Davis and Buzz Burrell, to average weekend-warriors.
For inspiration, the books include panoramas of yoga poses in outdoor settings, studio photos of the specific yoga poses and sequences, and technical drawings related to anatomy and common ailments.