the Camalot Z4 is the realization of a dream: to have a single-stem cam that stays rigid in-hand, but flexes once placed. Behold—the patent-pending RigidFlex stem. Thanks to the independently floating trigger wires the Camalot Z4 doesn’t bend while under tension and retracted, but once placed allows the stem to move, ensuring a placement that stays put and doesn’t walk when pulled directionally.
The stem on the larger sizes also utilizes dual twisted cable construction which provides uniform flex in all directions, while single cable construction is implemented on smaller sizes to avoid buckling when pulling hard on the trigger and to reduce trigger profile.
Featuring a similar head-width as the old Camalot C3 design, but with 4 lobes that are sandblasted for better holding power, the Z4’s are not only an upgrade, but are also available is smaller sizes—starting from #0, Black Diamonds smallest cam ever made, and ranging to .75.
Camalot Z4 Cam Features
- RigidFlex stem stays rigid in-hand for easy placement, but flexes once placed to reduce walking
- Dual twisted cable construction for uniform flex on larger sizes; single cable construction on smaller sizes to avoid buckling and reduce trigger profile
- Narrow head width for tight placements
- Sandblasted lobes for better holding power
- Lightweight yet durable Dynex sling with a unique color scheme for easy identification from other Camalots
Black Diamond Camalot Z4
Size Weight Range Colour Strength 0 43g 7.5-11.8mm Green 5kN 0.1 45g 8.8-13.8mm Red 5kN 0.2 48g 10.4-16.3mm Yellow 6kN 0.3 54g 12.4-22.6mm Blue 8kN 0.4 61g 15.3-27.7mm Grey 9kN 0.5 77g 18.8-33.9mm Purple 10kN 0.75 93g 23.1-42.1mm Green 10kN